So my bff, Rachel, called today...HOLLA!
To tell me that a certified letter was delivered to her house today for Loren. A few years back, we lived with her and periodically she gets things for us there. Anyway, I told her to go ahead and open it and tell me what it was.
Turns out it was info on Loren's truck. It was towed back at the end of January. A couple of weeks before that, a note was left on the windshield of his truck from housing. They basically wanted it moved because it hadn't been since Loren left. Duh...he's deployed. And because there was trash in the bed of the truck. I guess it tarnished the "image" housing is trying to project.
So a few weeks later, whoever housing called to have the truck towed put a sticker on the back, saying it would be towed after 72 hours. Well, the truck isn't running. It needs a new battery and who knows what else at this point. Loren could've fixed it while he was home on leave, but who can blame him for wanting to spend more time with his family and we were so preoccupied with waiting for Kaden to be born. Anyway, it was towed. I didn't know who I was supposed to call about it. I did call housing before it was towed to find out what we could do about the truck considering it was parked in front of our house, legally. And they never called back. Then after it was towed, I called and again, they never called back.
So it's still on post, being stored...and we're being charged for it. But I'm pretty sure we're not paying 1 cent. First of all, this truck belongs to a soldier who has been fighting for his country under a frozen contract and should've been out over a year ago. Secondly, it was parked legally in front of our house and according to housing, we're allowed two spots per house. Third...the fact that housing can't take the time to call me back and let me know what I need to do, but they have the time to make a call to have it towed is pretty ludicrous. And I can't believe they haven't been shut down!!
I just can't wait to have Loren home. He is so much better at dealing with these things than I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment