Tuesday, March 17, 2009

what.....a whirlwind






Well, Loren has been home for 3 1/2 days. Things are going pretty darn well. I love him beyond anything I can even express in words. He has just jumped right in to being a present member of the family. I've gone out two nights in a row without kids. He is great with Kaden as I knew he would be. And it helps that Kaden is so laid back anyway.






I hate that he had to go through yet another deployment. I hate that he had to miss out on 2 years of Theona's life and more than half of Kaden's first year. But the time that he missed will be a distant memory to those kids when they're older.






In fact, Kaden won't remember any of it.







I love that picture of us. All of them are great, but this one is so sweet.

His first day of re-integration training was fine. He was done before 11am. He got a TB test. If the injection site shows any kind of infection, he may have tuberculosis. He has a mental health appointment as well as a physical. They do any kind of paperwork that needs doing. I think they should do at least a couple of weeks where they go in for only half days. They work so hard mentally and physically for an entire year and when they get home, they get one measly week of half days. And only ONE appointment for mental health. They basically have to jump through hoops to get more help than that if they seek it.

And most of the time they don't seek it and it eats away at them and can end badly.

But I think Loren has the right kind of support system in place. There are several counselors at church that would be more than willing to talk with him.

He seems to be doing really well so far. I think the next several weeks will be the true test. We're easing back into a routine somewhat. Once he's back on full days at work we'll really be able to establish something. Theona can't get enough of him. Kaden loves staring at him. He is taking the kids in every second.

Last night, he watched them while I went to the New Kids on the Block concert. That's right. I went. And loved it. Teri was there too! We were pretty close to her. On the floor. About 24 rows back. AWESOME! Rachel took me to the Doubletree Hotel's restaurant for dinner. It was delicious! We valeted the car there because it was free with the purchase of two entrees. And it's only a couple of blocks away from the Sommet Center.

Before the concert, I went to Baptist to meet Mayer. He is a DOLL! I got to hold him for a good 20 minutes. A couple of people were there when I came, but left soon after. Then it was just me and the family of three.

I laughed with Carrie and Corey about the sermon from Sunday night. Since they were going to the hospital at 7pm on Sunday they didn't go, but several people had already talked to them about it.

Boy, do I love Corey and the way he leads us in worship.

This morning, I was feeling the late night. It was totally worth it though. I loved the concert. They would sing a couple of old songs, then a couple of new and so on. So it wasn't boring at all. There was a lot of crotch grabbing from Donnie. An open button up shirt from Jordan. Some very smooth dancing from Joey. Break dancing from Danny. And some sweet smiles from Jon. The shy one. He was always my favorite.

They had a video segment that had a slideshow with pictures of celebrities that had passed away the previous year. And people from their personal lives. That was a transition from the main stage to a small rotating stage behind the floor section. But they had a point to it as well. I think one of their mom's died from breast cancer so they work with breast cancer research and thanked the crowd for helping them out.

Rachel and I really did have a blast. My dad is pretty awesome too because our seats were in the 200 section, but he moved us down to the floor. He did the same thing for me and my brother two years ago for the American Idol concert.

It pays to have connections man! We also met the guys of Jabbawockeez, they won America's Best Dance Crew last year. I got their autographs! And we got a picture with three of them.

So this morning, I was all sore and tired, but I was okay with that. Luckily I didn't have to do a whole lot. I got ready for bunco and ran some errands for dinner.

I love bunco nights. The girls are all so fun and I just love them all. It's not even about winning for me. I just love getting in to the game and using my curse fingers and shouting DUCK!

Tomorrow we may or may not have choir...see, Carrie will just be coming home from the hospital and Corey's first priority won't be practicing some songs. I don't blame him.

I'd be just fine staying home anyway. It's LOST tomorrow night! Plus, Saturday was the only night Loren and I stayed home! Sunday we went to church, then Mark and Rae's, Monday was the concert, today was bunco. Gah, busy busy!

Hopefully Rachel will have some pictures posted soon of the concert. She got some AMAZING shots.

1 comment:

TheBookKnerd said...

NKOTB. Dang. Jealous. I cant wait to see pictures!

I tested + for TB last year. Let me tell you, what a process. I had to take a pill everyday that could damage my liver, so I was suppose to get a blood test every month...but didnt. They forgot to test me 4 months in a row so guess whose liver was damaged....mine! Like really bad too, they thought I was going to have to see a specialist it was so bad. They took me off the meds and said wait a month and see so with tons of prayer I went back and she said she had never seen a liver that bad heal itself in a month. I told her I had been lifted up and it was totally God....she gave me a "yeah right" laugh. Oh well... but thats military health care at it's best right there!!!