Friday, February 27, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was nice. The weather was decent so we went to the big playground on post. There are several small playgrounds around each section of housing, but there's one big one next to the Starbucks on post...definitely NOT a coincidence.

So we decide to get some Burger King (there are several of those on post) and take it over to the playground. I invited Monica to meet us there. It's nice having at least one friend up here to do things with.

So we get over to the Burger King by our house. The line was backed up around the gas station (it's connected). I decide to try the main Burger King on post...even though I figured it'd be about the same, it's closer to the playground. We get over there and it's actually a shorter line. I pull in and we wait. I finally get up to the first menu sign...2nd in line to order, and I see a piece of paper taped to the menu. They weren't excepting debit or credit because their system was down. The person in front of me pulled away without ordering so I figure he must've asked the cashier if it was still down.

I decide to go over to the Taco Bell/KFC...the line was stupid long, so in the end we went to the gas station and got stuff from there. They have lunchables which is Theona's favorite thing right now. And I got a chicken salad sandwich and some ritz bits and a thing of cookies. The sandwich was really good, by the way.

We get over to the playground and it is so windy! Theona played for a while. Monica and I ate and Kaden hung out with us. But it was too windy to be comfortable. So we all went over to the PX and walked around for a bit. I got some cough medicine because of this stupid no good very bad cough I've got. And I ended up getting a couple of other things too.

Monica had to pick her kids up from school so we took her back to her car at the playground and we went on home. I put Kaden down for a nap and Theona and I played a little Wii.

Katie Greenwood hosted a purse party last night. The company is Thirty One and the woman who started it named it after Proverbs 31.

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.


A bunch of ladies from church were there. And some brought their teenaged daughters. Plenty of willing and eager babysitters...and I think I saw Theona a total of 4 times last night. She was upstairs with Ally and Andie most of the time. Katie Markins gave the girls her old doll house that her dad built for her when she was little. Amy and I played with that dollhouse several times. She said she wanted it to be in a house where girls would play with it.

Cara Jones drew a face on one of the styrofoam cups we were using for our drinks. Then Emma Jones would move it towards Kaden's face and he laughed so hard! More than he's ever laughed in his life! It was the sweetest sound ever.

The woman who was there selling the product is Lindsay McAdams Runion's husband's aunt. If that wasn't confusing enough!

Most of the ladies knew her from Bible College. All of the stuff was canvas style purses or totes and things. I ordered a back pack for Theona. Since she's starting kindergarten this fall, I thought it would be nice if she had something with her name on it. And since we can't find her name anywhere...

I also got an organizer for the van. There's no console in between the front seats so this little rectangular organizer will be perfect.

We played a game too. She had envelopes with numbers 1-12. We rolled two dice. Whatever number we rolled we got that envelope. There was a small card in it. The first person got a prize. The second person rolled a 7 which I also rolled. We both got Host A Party cards. Ugh.

But we can do an online party. So if a bunch of people order something online, I'm fine. I just have to do a lot of advertising. I think only one person ended up getting a prize. And someone else said jokingly that it was rigged because everyone else got the Host A Party cards.

But it's all good.

It was a busy day and I was feeling it by the time I left the party. I started feeling warm while I was there. And on the drive home I could tell that I had a fever. I know I got it from Theona. So when we got home, I put the kids to bed and took some Tylenol Cold and Cough. It knocked me out. Until the storm. I guess it was around 3 something. The power was knocked out but came on shortly after that. I took more medicine and woke up around 10. Kaden had woken up but Theona was playing with him so he was fine. I got up and gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep.

I don't have a fever anymore, but this stupid cough won't go away! I'm glad for a lazy day today...

No comments: