Monday, March 10, 2008

And the gender is...

A BOY!!!


We're having a baby boy! I'm SO excited! I already blogged on Myspace about this but since I'm finally home, I figure I can give this blog the proper information.


So my appointment was at 10. I had to drink a quart of water an hour and a half before. 3 1/2 bottles of water...I tried to do it as fast as I could, but it made me feel sick so I had to slow down.

Well, apparently I drank too much water because during the course of the ultrasound, the technician had me go to the bathroom to empty my bladder a little bit at a time, 3 times! First she said to empty it only halfway...well, how am I supposed to know what half of my bladder contents are?? It wasn't enough, so I had to go back 2 more times.


I was afraid that we wouldn't get good views of the little guy because he definitely wasn't making it easy.


When we got there to check in, the girl behind the desk told us that we couldn't have Theona in the room. They have a children's room one floor up that you can take kids to when you have an appointment like that and don't have other child care options. But I didn't want to just drop her off with strangers. So she and Loren stayed in the waiting room. But the technician was able to bring them back when she took the still pictures. That was comforting. She hardly said a word during the entire thing! I was just kind of like, "Okay, um...what's going on...is everything normal??" But apparently things are okay. I think she may have said something if they weren't. Although, my doctor doesn't get the results right away, so she may see something later.

I got to see him moving. That was cool too because I haven't felt him move a whole lot. His legs were glued together! But she was able to see the gender from another view. I think if it had been a girl, she wouldn't have been able to tell the gender at all.


It's pretty apparent though when you see the picture.

I'd upload them, but for some reason the laptop won't recognize the files. I have them on my desktop, but it's already turned off for the night.

I'll probably get them up tomorrow.


One funny thing...they had Celine Dion playing the whole time. It was her album that has My Heart Will Go On...


So in case you haven't read my myspace blog...the name is...


No comments: