I'm going to follow suit and write a blog about how much I hate cleaning...while putting it off...Brittany =)
I have so much to do! A while back we had Theona bring all of her toys up to her room that she had left in the living room. Well, on top of that, we had 3 or so Walmart bags full of toys sitting on the stairs. So she had to bring those up too. I didn't think it through very well, because as soon as she was done, she came down and said, "My room is messy!"
She had brought everything up and just set it on the floor anywhere she could put it.
For the record, every time Theona's room has become a disaster zone, I have been the lone cleaner. Loren helped me sift through the toys before we packed them away to be moved here, but that's the only time he's helped me. Now if we were back in my grandparents' time, that would be a huge deal. But to me, not so much. I'm grateful that he helped me because I couldn't have done it alone, but he has never so much as offered to clean or even help me clean her room. And I've been putting it off and putting it off.
With big projects like that, I have to be in the mood to do it. And I also have to have the time. I don't like to start a project and not finish it. Loren doesn't operate that way. If I start a big cleaning spree, he's always telling me to take a break. But if I sit down for too long, I won't get back to it.
I also have to do a load of dishes that I put off from last night. I planned on doing them after dinner, but dinner ended up being later than normal and by the time I was done eating, I really didn't feel like doing them.
I didn't actually do a whole lot yesterday to make me feel that tired, but my body was telling me differently. So I wasn't going to push it. Some days I have all the energy in the world and other days I could sit on my butt and not do a thing.
And no matter how many loads of laundry I do, it just piles up again so quickly. Theona has a load in the dryer that I need to hang up and fold...I have a load that is piling up in our room that needs washing. And I'm sure Loren needs to do his too. The floor downstairs desperately needs to be mopped, but I really can't do that all at one time because of my back.
Ladies and well, gentleman (there's only one of you that reads this) pregnancy doesn't do a body good. At least not with me. The last few weeks of my pregnancy with Theona, my back hurt so badly. The pain was so much so that I had to leave work early the last two days I was at Shop At Home...also happened to be 3 and 4 days before I had her. And ever since, I can't do a whole lot of constant bending over to do things like laundry, dishes and vacuuming...and in this case, sweeping and mopping.
So this back pain is only heightened by the fact that I'm pregnant.
But I don't want that to be my excuse for not doing any of the cleaning. And it's funny because as I type this, I'm feeling the urge to really clean today. I may have to enlist Loren's help with Theona's room, but the rest of the stuff I'm pretty sure I can get done today.
Growing up, my sister and I split all the chores. One weekend, I had to do the vacuuming and dusting. The next, I did the bathroom and mopped the kitchen floor. And we both did our own laundry. Since I was 10 I had been doing those chores. And now, I just hate doing them. That's why I set up the chore chart. It's really only for me to keep track of what needs to be done and spreading it out through the week so it's not overwhelming. I've been sticking to it for the most part. Although I haven't done the sweeping or mopping in a while. Loren did clean the kitchen floor last week though.
My biggest problem is Loren actually. He has a lot of work stuff. Packs and equipment and junk. It would be nice if they all had a storage closet at work to keep that stuff because they sure as heck don't use it at home. We don't even have enough room in our closet for our regular clothes, let alone his uniforms. And what I dread is when he goes on deployment. Because most of that stuff is going to stay here. Right now it's all piled in a corner of the living room. Sort of out of the way. And then he comes in with these useless pieces of paper...like PT profiles (a doctor's note in a way, that tells them he's only supposed to do stuff like walking) and things like that. They get set down anywhere Loren sees fit and then stay there forever until I pick them up and hand them to Loren and tell him that they've got to be put somewhere else.
It's exhausting trying to get him to keep his stuff organized. He just creates big messes, which in turn makes me not want to clean anything else because if the whole house can't be clean, what's the point. I know that's not a good way to look at it, but it's hard to see the clean past all the crap.
Okay, so enough blogging...time to get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment