I was just doing a little research on the housing here at Fort Campbell.
There are 16 housing areas. Only 4 of them are designated for Enlisted Soldiers. Loren is at the top level of the enlisted soldier, but they just won't promote him to NCO.
There are 8 (inluding a couple of the enlisted soldier housing areas) for Junior NCOs, 3 for Senior NCOs, 3 for Field Grade Officers and a couple of areas are for the best of the best (i.e. Commander and such).
There aren't nearly as many Field Grade Officers as there are enlisted soldiers living on post. But why in the world do the Junior NCOs get to choose from 8 areas, HALF of the housing on post??
I'm afraid that even if we did get moved, it would be to another crappy house. You should see the houses for the higher ranking officers. Not that they don't deserve it, but I think (especially in Loren's case) all of the soldiers should get fair housing. Loren has served for almost 9 years. He should benefit from that somehow.
So I've been looking at houses to rent. I'd hate to go back to an apartment, but I can deal with it, if it means getting out of here.
No comments:
Post a Comment