Monday, March 3, 2008

maybe making some headway

The other day I submitted a complaint to the main housing office. About the mice. Even though there are other areas in which we are totally unsatisfied with our house. I got a pretty fast response from the Property Manager.

She asked for a number and best time to call. We responded today with that info and she had her coworker call us because she's in meetings. Loren basically had to rehash what I had already said in the email, but he also added that we live in a two bedroom and we have a 2nd child on the way.

So he was told that we need to get a certificate of pregnancy to show to housing, then they will put us on a waiting list to move into a three bedroom. It could take 2 months or it could be longer.

We've been so consumed with this mouse problem that we've totally forgotten about the fact that we don't have enough room for another baby. We don't even have enough room for the three of us now. We have too much stuff for a two bedroom. And we have too much stuff for a three bedroom even, but I'd rather have that than just two bedrooms.

I was looking at the housing website again and they are in the process of starting renovations on Hammond Heights...a neighborhood in which only Junior and Senior NCOs are allowed to live in. They are putting in new electric and plumbing. Moving the families to other houses while this is taking place (taking away housing from other families that may need to live on post).

That's great. That they want to better the housing. But they aren't planning on doing that here in Lee Village where we live. And by the way, when we were on the waiting list to move on post in the first place, they had three houses for Loren to choose from. But they were all in Lee Village. All the same floor plan. All ridiculous.

[enter sigh here]

So as soon as we can, we're going to get this certificate of pregnancy. I understand why they need proof, but why a certificate of pregnancy?? I have my ultrasound a week from today...how about I just bring in the pictures that have the date and time and everything on them? It just makes more work for my doctor and us. But in the end, it'll be worth it if we get a better house.

No comments: