Tuesday, March 4, 2008

getting anxious!

I am beyond ecstatic that I have my ultrasound on Monday! And I just talked to my mom a bit ago and she's driving up on Thursday! So I'll see her all weekend hopefully and then next week.



I had this idea about finding out the gender. About having the technician write it down on a piece of paper, then sealing it in an envelope. Then I can get my whole family together to reveal it. But it's quite impossible to get my entire family together, having divorced parents and all.



But I think I may still do it, and just go down to my sister's house afterwards with Loren and Theona and do a reveal over dinner. Loren has Monday off so it would work out pretty well. Then I can just call everyone else later.



This way, we all find out together, but I don't have to wait very long.



I honestly just want a healthy baby, but I still want to know the gender so I can start picking out all the cute stuff I want. And I can start calling the baby by his/her name. And use proper pronouns!



Loren wants a boy so bad he can taste it. But he'll be okay with a girl too. It's almost annoying when he talks about it because it's like he already thinks it's a boy. I just don't want him to be disappointed if it's a girl. When we found out Theona was a girl, his face just dropped. He really wanted a boy.



He was under the impression that he could only produce boys. I don't know why he came to this conclusion, but he honestly didn't think he'd ever have a girl. Too bad.



He always says, "When we have a boy..." And I have to remind him, hey we may never have a boy, so you need to prepare yourself.



I know it's a thing with guys, they always want boys to do boy things with, but you know what...




Theona is such a tomboy. She may LOVE pink and being a princess and all, but she'll get right out there and get dirty. Loren brought home a fish that he'd caught one time and Theona wanted to see it. He had it in his hands, knelt down and she just went right up and touched it.






I think she'd rather play a sport than be in ballet or tap. Just like my cousins Ashley and Kali. Ashley is my dad's neice, and she's played softball forever. And Kali is my mom's neice. She's played soccer and softball. Her team is actually really good and they win the championship a lot. Her dad is the coach. That's Kali...















I'd love if Theona got into that. Although she's expressed a lot of interest in ice skating. I'd love to take her out to the Sportsplex and let her try it out. I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 last night and they were in Utah for a ski trip. The kids all got out on the first day with ski instructors. Four of the kids really got into it. It just made me want to get out there and let Theona try all that stuff out. I think she'd be really good at it.






And I can't wait for her to get back in the pool this summer! We need to get her a new suit. She has three suits, but they're all two years old, so it's time. She was already 8 months old before she got into a pool for the first time and she didn't take to it very well. She liked being in the water, but only if we held her the whole time. But last year, she really got into it. She didn't like the water wings, or the little life jacket things, but Amy got her a donut float and she would hold onto that and jump in. There's virtually no security with those floats, so maybe she just didn't want to be restricted. She's holding a lizard in her hand there...




I hope our second child will love the water and adventure as much as Theona does!

1 comment:

Jessica Polston said...

when you start texting people about the gender..don't forget me! i can't wait to find out!! :)