I got this form from my doctor's office on my first visit. I was supposed to ready through all the info, but I didn't...most of it is stuff like childbirth classes...sorry, don't think I'll be needing those...
Anyway, here are some great points that I learned after reading through it:
On Labor & Delivery (the floor), only 4 people may be in the patient's room at the same time. Other visitors may wait in the waiting room. - I like this because it can be a bit overwhelming when you first have a baby and you have a ton of people looking in on you and trying to get a look at the baby.
At the time of the baby's deliver, only 2 or 3 people my stay with the patient. - I like this because I can have Loren, my mom (if she's here for it) and someone else there.
They also offer New Sibling classes, which may be something to look into. I'm sure Theona will be fine considering she's been around Natalie and CJ since they were born though.
One thing I'm not thrilled about is that siblings of the new baby (if under 12) can only stay in the Labor & Delivery room for 15 minutes at a time. And on the Mother-Baby unit for short visits.
To be honest, I hadn't even tought about the fact that Theona would have to have an adult with her at all times and in case Loren doesn't get the leave he requests, he may not be there to watch her. But I'm pretty certain that he'll be given the dates he's requested. He's already talked with his commanding officer about when he'd like to take his leave. Basically it would be from around the 1st to the 19th of August. My due date is the 11th, but like I said, I bet I'll have this baby early.
So if that does happen, he may not be there for the delivery, but he'll be there for 20 full days with the baby. So I definitely need to arrange for some kind of plan. I have enough family close by that I know it won't be a problem finding someone, but it'll be a pain in my neck to try to worry about that while I'm also having a baby.
But you know what, I'm just so excited about having this baby that whether or not Loren is there to take care of Theona for those 3 days, it will be such a blessed day.
I'll be devastated if he's not there, don't get me wrong...but I've been through worse and survived.
No comments:
Post a Comment