Sunday, March 2, 2008

will it ever end?

I know it seems like it's one gripe about housing after another, but I can't help it when there's so much to gripe about!

We have chain locks as well as regular locks on both the front and back doors. When we got home from church, Loren noticed that where the chain is attached to the door frame was bent on the back door. He accidently left the door unlocked, but had it chained.

I just went to look at it, and saw that someone did indeed try to push open our door. The metal is really hard to bend, so it had to have been a quick but forceful push or kick or shove.

I can't believe something like that would happen on a military base! About 3 months ago, Loren noticed that the back of the storage building behind our house was tagged with spray paint. So he called the MPs to let them know. He said apparently it's gang related. Ridiculous! Loren's friend lives in the next building over, and shortly after they moved in, their house was broken into and all their Christmas gifts were stolen. The back door was chained, but not locked.

Whenever I use the back door during the day, I automatically lock it when I come back in, but I don't use the chain until we lock up for the night, or if we go out during the day.

It just makes me really mad. Super mad.

We'll have to make a call to housing. So annoying.

No comments: