Saturday, February 7, 2009

a crazy turn in this blog...

Wii love it!

Theona and I have been Wii-ing it up. I got Boogie Superstar today. It came with a mic so now we've got two.

You sing and dance in this one. You hold the wii-mote to do the dancing...move your arms back and forth and whatnot. I think when Theo is a little older, she'll be able to participate more with that.

We went over to Monica's house last night and roasted hotdogs and made smores. Then played some Wii Music. I had read some reviews of it, both good and bad. I think it's a riot. Theona can do anything on there which is the most important thing.

Well, not everything. There are some challenges that she can't quite figure out yet. She just likes playing the instruments though. The only draw back is that you can't make up your own tune. That would make it really fun. Especially for Theona.

I can't wait for Loren to get back so he can play with us. We definitely need that family time. I am extremely happy for all of my married friends and how well they're all doing. But I get really bummed seeing them together all the time. Being "single" when you're married totally sucks.

It'd be one thing if I didn't have anyone at all. I've been content to be single in the past. I hardly dated in high school at all. I had two boyfriends freshman year. Both relationships lasted a little over a month. I had a steady boyfriend my junior year for 7 months. That was the first serious relationship I ever had. He was the sweetest guy too. Obviously we weren't completely right for each other but we're still good friends. But that was the extent of my high school dating. Senior year was amazing because I was just on my own, free to do whatever I wanted whenever, not worrying about a boyfriend. I was happy to be single. Not always searching for someone to be with.

I think Jessica's blog about He's Just Not That In To You made me think.

I became like the main girl in college I think. Well, not at first. I had a serious boyfriend right off the bat. The entire school year we were together. Then I moved that next summer. I dated one guy that next year. For around a month. Moved back the following summer, went on a few dates that year, but nothing really stuck. That next year though, I went date crazy. I had one serious boyfriend from around New Years until February. We had only dated for a month and a half, but I thought we were doing great. Then two days before Valentine's, he broke up with me. :(

I was shocked! He said he really wanted to be single. He had gotten out of a really serious, long-term relationship a month before we started dating. So that was that. And we're still friends. Although at the time, I could've punched his lights out for doing that to me!

After he broke up with me, I went on several dates, spread out across that year. Nothing on a regular basis though. Then....

October 11th, 2002

I met Loren. I was on a date with someone else! HA! Well, I guess you could call it a date. He brought me to Graham Central Station and went off and did his own thing while I sang karaoke, which is what I always did there.

That's where I met Loren. Next to the stage. So appropriate.

I'm so glad I'm past that dating stuff. I hated the games they played. I hated everything about it! I like being in a steady relationship so much more. But I have to say, I'm glad I did have my chance to date. Because it makes me appreciate being in this marriage so much more. I definitely made mistakes and learned from them and I think I'm a better spouse because of them.

I feel sorry for those military couples who don't make it because of deployments. Well, not because of the deployments. Most of it is either distance, or being unfaithful. Which is the individuals fault.

A couple of guys in Loren's old unit ended their marriages because of those things. It's sad. These guys sometimes are desperate to be married and have that connection with someone. Then a deployment comes up and they feel the need to get it all done before they leave. The whole "what if, or just in case" scenario.

We could've fallen prey to that. I mean, we had only dated for 3 months! But my grandparents were the same way. And here they are after all these years. They'll celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this year! I am so proud of them. They have accomplished so much in their lives. And have acheived most of it together.

I hope 44 years from now, our children and grandchildren will be admiring and commending us for getting that far.

No comments: