Thursday, February 5, 2009

just some little tid bits

Updates...

Kaden is sleeping through the night. FINALLY!! Theo was the same way. She kept waking up at least once for the longest time. Then one night she just made it through. And she has become the WORLD'S BEST sleeper!

I think Kaden will follow her example. The first night was January 31st. And he's done it every night since. It hasn't been a week yet, but I'm holding out hope that this will last.

It's so ironic. That he'd finally do this right before Loren comes home. He only had to deal with waking up in the middle of the night for 5 days or so.

That's actually better though. He's not pleasant in the middle of the night.

He won't have to go through all that...and more importantly, I won't have to.

Kaden is making this new face which is ADORABLE! He kind of tucks both lips in his mouth, like he's feeling his gums with them. And when I click my tongue at him, he smiles the biggest smile. He's making himself laugh these days too.

I have been blessed with the happiest baby boy on earth! That's not to say that he never gets fussy because it definitely happens, but he's just so laid back and smiley!

I never thought I could love two boys as much at the same time! And I cannot WAIT to see Loren and Kaden together! I think I just might cry....SOB is more like it.

It's so unfair that when the guys get back we have to go through this ridiculous "ceremony" where we get to see them for 5 minutes then they get whisked off to sign out and that takes 3 hours for some reason! So we wait and wait and wait for them to get home. They finally do, and when they come in the big airplane hanger (where the ceremony is held) they're told not to look around for their family because they march in together. Then some people say some "important" things like what a service they've done for their country and blah blah blah.

I don't mean to sound bitter or anything, but seriously! As soon as the speakers are done, it's a mad dash to find your soldier or get to him more likely because you've already picked him out of the crowd. Luckily last time, Loren was near the end of a row. On our side of the hanger. So we just went down the bleachers, to the floor and almost immediately met up with him. And like I said, that lasts about 5 minutes then they're taken away from us! What a tease! When he came home from Iraq the first time, he was with a much smaller group. He got to come home early because he was supposed to be out of the army already but they stop-lossed him to keep him overseas. When he got home, he and the maybe 7 other guys were driven from the hanger to a building where we were. They signed a paper right there in the same room where we were waiting and that was that. It took less than 20 minutes. But because they come home with such large groups normally, it takes much longer for them to all get through that line to sign the forms, I guess.

But I'm looking at it like this...we will NEVER have to do it again after that day. So I can deal with it one more time. I didn't cry last time. But I think the thought of never having to go through another deployment may debilitate me for a moment. I will be overwhelmed with that joy of knowing he'll never be sent to another war zone.

I'm crying a little bit right now just thinking about it. It's been a LONG 6 years.

No comments: