Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well, the fax didn't get sent yesterday. So I'm waiting for Joel to finish up and fax it over this morning. The loan office opened at 8 am, so I'm about to get in the shower so I can get ready and head over.

I'm not thrilled that I have to be up and about this early. My kids are great sleepers so I'm not used to it. Aside from Sunday mornings, I never have to get up early. I'm a night owl so I'm usually up until at least midnight. Kaden wakes up for a bottle between 6:30 and 8 and then sleeps for another few hours. I get plenty of sleep. But not this morning.

In the big scheme of things, that's not a big deal.

I'd rather get this done sooner rather than later. And I thought I was going to have to get a new temporary pass for post because they can only issue 10 day passes and the Cavalier's pass is almost up. I have until tomorrow though.

If I'm able to get this loan and put the money in the bank, I can buy the van today and bring it home tomorrow, but I have to get it registered first. So I may have to stay in Nashville tonight because I won't be back up in time.

My only concern is that when you bring in receipts for a loan (like the itemized estimate that I have to get faxed to them) they make the check out to the business. To ensure that it goes to that person for that purpose. But I'm hoping that because it's a mechanic and we're just getting the estimate that they would take into consideration that we wouldn't necessarily have that mechanic do the work on it.

And they're not actually helping us out with any other bills.

I just want to be like "Look, we have money. We're buying a van with it. Which we need because our car needs a new engine and we can't afford to buy one. But we can afford to buy a whole other car with what we've got. But that leaves us nothing for the next two weeks. Aside from Loren's lovely $267 paycheck. So we just need a little bit to get us by."

But I'm not sure how they would take that. They may just tell me to forget about buying the car right now and use the money we've got to sustain us. But I KNOW I'm not going to find a better deal than what we're getting for the van. And they should be happy that I'm not trying to get them to shell out the money for a new engine.

So frustrating. I guess I'd better start getting ready. I'm really not looking forward to this...

No comments: