Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wii bring you an update

So I'd just like to say thanks to Jess for posting that link....I love those backgrounds! And hers is fabulous!

What's new in the Bailey world:
For Christmas, Loren and I wanted to get something big for the whole family to enjoy. Since he wasn't here to pick out presents for me and I didn't want to buy his presents (because it would've been too depressing without him here to open them on Christmas day), we decided to get a Wii.

But neither of us wanted to try getting one before then. Because for one thing, they were really hard to find...and we wouldn't have been able to get all the accessories that we wanted right then. Buying a Wii is costly!

When he found out he was getting promoted he said once the new pay kicked in, we could get it then. Financially it just made more sense. So I waited. I had told my mom and grandparents that we wanted to get one and they both gave us money to put towards it.

A while back, Loren's maternal grandmother had mentioned that she would be sending a check to us as a portion of his grandfather's estate for his mom. Since she passed away when Loren was 8, he and his brother got her portion. It wasn't much, but with the money we got from my family and that, I was able to get the Wii and a few other games and accessories.

We have Rockband 2, drums and a guitar. I got the American Idol game and that came with a mic which we can also use for Rockband. I got Wii Play which came with an extra controller. So I got an extra Nunchuk too. And a Family Game Night game which Theona will enjoy, especially in a few years when she can really get into it. And of course it comes with Wii Sports.

I still want to get another guitar (maybe a girly one like Rachel has). And a mic stand so I can play and sing at the same time because I'm awesome like that!

Loren doesn't know about it...unless he's been on facebook in the last two days. It's not supposed to be a surprise since he knew I was going to do it eventually anyway. But it'll be nice seeing his face when he gets home! He will appreciate the fact that I got the Rockband stuff I'm sure.

It's also our anniversary presents to each other...which is Valentine's Day, in case you didn't know!

We never do anything extremely extravaggant for each other. Usually it's just dinner and sometimes movie. But with kids it's hard to do anything major. And we've had at least one kid on every anniversary except the first, which he got called in to work for...LAME!

We're hoping this will be the LAST anniversary we spend apart.

Oh...and by the way...I should be getting a record deal if the American Idol game is right... ;)

No comments: